Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cruising

Owen's walking (or lack of interest thereof) has frustrated me for weeks now. Katelyn was walking by this time and he continues to show no interest whatsoever. I guess because he didn't master crawling on all fours until the week before his first birthday he is quite content with his present mode of transportation. He does cruise around the furniture and pull up on any and everything that is stationary. He even has no fear of climbing! We have caught him on the dining room table many times! YIKES! Dr. Wood assures me that as long as he is walking by 18 months there is really nothing to worry about. Input from others online reassure me that this is not as uncommon as I thought. It is just so hard hauling around a 25 pound stapping boy around on my hip all day! Get up and walk buddy!! :)

I did get a little encouragement the other day when he decided to walk behind a toy shopping cart. He was so proud of himself! Notice how his first steps were not slow and steady but close to a RUN! Oh my, I guess this is a sign of things to come??

(Embedded video: You may have to go to the blog site to view.)

No comments: