Thursday, July 17, 2008

He did it!!

Owen slept through the night!! Woohoo!! I woke up this morning at 4:30am and realized that I had not heard from Owen all night after putting him down to sleep at 9:00pm. That first realization that your child has slept through the night is the happiest and scariest of all. I immediately woke up Bart (who was really awake but kept hitting the snooze button) to tell him about Owen and his first response was "Is he alright?" Yikes! I have to admit I was a bit nervous walking into his room. I placed my hand on his chest and he moved. Whew! A sigh of relief! Then the excitement rushed through me! Yeah! Yippee!! I survived!! He will be 10 weeks old tomorrow. I believe Katelyn was 10 weeks also when she first started sleeping through the night. I'm off to find the baby book to mark this momentous occasion! What a wonderful day! :)

2 comments:

The Stinson Family said...

Congrats! What an awesome feeling, I remember it like it was yesterday, blessed sleep. Excited about your blog, and looking forward to seeing pictures of your babies. Miss you guys!

Wendy said...

Yea!!! I am so happy for you and Bart! Glad to see you are blogging...I need to get back to it!