Sunday, July 19, 2009

Golden Ticket Seats

On Wednesday, June 23rd, Emily and I headed north at the crack of dawn with our golden ticket seats in hand to visit the Rick and Bubba radio show in Birmingham. I have been a Rick and Bubba fan for years listening and laughing at them in the mornings. When they opened their new studio last year they built in 12 audience seats which they call the "golden ticket seats". Tickets truly are golden and hard to come by. I got lucky listening to the show one morning in January when they opened up ticket reservations for June! They announced at 6am that tickets were available for the month of June and by 7am all available tickets were gone! I was so excited to get 3 tickets. I tried to get Bart to go with us but he decided not to at the last minute. Emily and I had a blast! Rick wasn't able to be there that day since he had surgery on his bicep the day before from a freak accident on Father's Day. So it was just Bubba, Speedy, Greg, and all the gang. They were so nice and made us all feel very welcome. Here are a couple of shots I snagged before, during, and after the show. I can't wait to go back again one day!









No comments: