Friday, October 17, 2008

Alabama National Fair

One of the sure signs of Fall is when the fair comes to town! The past couple of years Katelyn and I have gone during the day but this year Bart decided he wanted to take her to see the lights at night. So we made it a family outing on Friday night opening day. I thought it would be very crowded but it was rather pleasant.

Life with two kids has been quite the adjustment. We had to upgrade the stroller to contain them both. This is one of my consignment sale finds. It worked out very nicely!

Being the first night many of the animals were not there yet but we got to see a few favorites - baby chicks, sheep and the racing pigs.

Each year I have gotten a picture of Katelyn with the baby chicks. I didn't realize I had started a trend until this year! Look how much she has grown - but the chicks are still the same size! :)

Owen was such a good boy all night. He just hung out in the stroller and never made a peep. I think he enjoyed seeing all the lights too!

Katelyn really didn't have much interest in the rides this year but her one request was that she wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel. My fearless one! We had a great time getting a birdseye view of the entire fairground.

1 comment:

Emily Roach said...

great pics-
I boycotted the fair this year. No jingle- No Emily.