Friday, October 17, 2008

Owen's First Bite

I had thought I would wait until 6 months to start solids with Owen but he recently started showing signs of being ready to eat. He would get all excited when he saw us eat and so I decided it must be time. He got his first bite of rice cereal on a spoon on October 4th and LOVED every bite! This boy loves to eat! He's been getting rice cereal in his bottle since about 2 weeks due to problems with reflux so it wasn't a big transition for him as far as taste. He did very well with the spoon. He gets very excited and fusses if you don't keep it coming! Bring on the solids!

Here's my little guy in action...

Hmm...I'm thinking I might look into making my own baby food. Anyone have any luck doing this? Have I lost my mind?

1 comment:

The Stinson Family said...

I made most of Emily's food. It is VERY easy, obviously cheaper, and I will do it again. It really only took 2x a week to prepare, and less than 30 min. each time. Email me if you want more info on what I did...