Sunday, February 8, 2009

Nine Month Well Checkup

On Tuesday we went for his 9 month checkup at Dr. Wood's office. WooHoo! We made it from 6 months to 9 months without a sick visit - and even through the Christmas holidays! I was so excited! Now I know after I put that out there we'll probably all be sick tomorrow but I'm just so excited at how far he has come. I just pray we can make it through the rest of the winter season with no major sicknesses in our house. Stay away germs! :) Dr. Wood said he was looking wonderful. Looks like we hit another growth spurt - he has gained a little over a pound in weight and an inch in length in just the past month. He is currently in the 50-75% for weight (20 lbs 10 oz) and 90-100% for height (30 1/2 inches). A quick look back at Katelyn's stats at 9 month - she was 19 lbs and 29 1/2 inches. They are both at the same percentiles at the same age. I hope they can maintain this "tall and skinny" track for life! Dr. Wood said she saw no need for additional physical therapy. He can have more soft solid foods now including eggs and orange juice and can start some whole milk around 11 months. She was surprised that he was eating the Stage 3 baby foods as well as he is. I told her so far he was not picky and I'm so thankful for that! No shots for this visit and so Owen and Mommy left very happy! :)

Check out his growth when compared on the table!!

No comments: