Thursday, February 5, 2009

Window to the Soul

"They" say (my husband hates it I say "they say" always asking me "who is they?"...anyhow, i digress) that the eyes are a window to the soul. Check out these beauties! No wonder Owen and Katelyn are so bad because who couldn't just give them anything they wanted when you see a face like this?!? They were playing and having a grand 'ole time in the bathtub recently and I just happened to grab a few shots. Turned out these are probably some of my absolute favorites so far!

I couldn't help but be inspired by a shot I saw from Suzanne about a year ago (which I can't seem to find now or I would link to it) of her daughter Ella in the bathtub and decided to try a similar treatment on this image of Owen. I entered this image in our local camera club online camera club competition recently and it won FIRST PLACE! Yeah! I was very excited! It was titled "Nana Strikes Again!". :)

3 comments:

John and Lauren said...

I just want to EAT them UP! I love those kids!! And you!

Unknown said...

Wonderful pictures! Your kids are so adorable. :-) Ella's kiss picture actually wasn't taken in the bathtub, but in front of a white sheet. I wasn't clever enough to think to do it in the bathtub!

Lori Mercer said...

Too funny! I always thought Ella's pic was taken in the bathtub because of all the good light. :)