Sunday, December 14, 2008

Decorating - Round 1

Christmas decorating seems to be quite an ongoing process around here. I've decided that if I don't get it done the weekend after Thanksgiving it is exponetially harder to get it finished. That has definitely been the case this year. The skinny tree upstairs was in place and lit for several days before I was able to get the ornaments out of the shed. There were many times I asked myself "do we really have to decorate it?" but Katelyn reminded me OFTEN "when are we going to decorate the tree Mommy? During nap time I unwrapped all the ornaments and she helped me place them when she woke up. The upstairs tree is the snowman tree with all the snowman ornaments I've collected over the years.



My sweet husband HATES putting lights on the house. But a with a little coaxing from his hard-to-resist 3 year old he obliged us this year! Thanks honey! They look great!



Here's the finished snowman tree before Katelyn picks it apart over the next several weeks. She can't seem to keep her hands out of it!


Now if I can just find the motivation to do the downstairs tree!

1 comment:

John and Lauren said...

That'a boy, Bart! Working for the woman...