Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pettus Family Reunion

The Sunday after Thanksgiving is the tradition for the annual Pettus family reunion. This is my Dad's side of the family and we've been attending this event since I was a child and definitely as long as I can remember. My grandmother (Marcy Virginia Pettus Lemmond) had 4 sisters and 2 brothers (is that right Dad?) and it was a great time to get all their respective families together. This is my favorite time of year and I love getting to see everyone! In years past after lunch the adults and kids enjoyed a fun game of tag football. The "kids" are all "old" now with their own kids so we haven't started the football game tradition again yet. Maybe next year the first crop of young'uns will be old enough to get things going.

Several years ago we started taking a family group picture. I'm so glad we did! I've missed the reunion the past two years so I was under strict orders to be there this year! :) Here's our latest and a few from the past.

2008:

2005:

2004 (taken with my first digital point and shoot):

This was taken in 2004 and is many of the original "crew" that started the reunions. The "sisters" are seated in the front with their children (and spouses) standing.

No comments: